- Developing capabilities to attain proper equipment
- Integrating key business processes into the
operating plan for maximum equipment availability
- Software configuration and design of reporting
The equipment reliability processes focus on using premier
maintenance techniques, effective organizational methods,
and measurement systems to achieve peak performance
from operating systems.
These processes include the following categories:
- Direction and Strategy
- Work management
- Material management
- Condition analysis
- Measurement systems
- Information systems
In providing equipment reliability services, we design
processes you can follow to achieve reliable equipment
operations. We focus on operating results in the areas
of service, quality, and cost, addressing issues such
· Lean manufacturing: In what ways is equipment
reliability necessary for embracing a lean manufacturing
approach that will ensure that your equipment operates
reliably to produce when needed?
· Quality management: How is equipment condition
integral to attaining consistency in production?
· Work management processes: What processes best
provide the structure and coordination for effective
equipment reliability activity?
· Material management processes: How can we ensure
that parts and materials are available as needed at only
· Condition analysis: What activities are most
effective for achieving availability, providing the capability
to operate per specification?
· Preventive and predictive activities: How can
we determine the condition of our equipment and how can
we maintain or improve it to ensure that it functions properly?
What techniques from methodologies such as TPM, RCM, and
FMECA can be used effectively?
· Failure analysis processes: What are the root
causes of actual or potential failures and how can you
· Measurement processes: What is the best way
to measure performance and progress and reinforce the
activities that encourage progress?
· Implementation of a CMMS (Computerized Maintenance
Management System) system: How can we ensure that a CMMS
is used properly to support our business?
· Staff roles and skills: What roles must your
staff take on in order for your organization to function
efficiently and effectively, and how can you clearly
communicate them throughout the work processes?
· Training: How can you ensure that your staff
is appropriately trained to assume the proper technical
and organizational functions?